Monday, November 8, 2010

SEGMENT 22--Carlsbad Caverns and Roswell, NM


CARLSBAD CAVERN NATIONAL PARK

We got to the park first thing in the morning and Grandpa wasn't feeling up to seeing another cave, so it gave me an opportunity to explore the long hike of the natural entrance of the caverns by myself. It's about 2 1/2 mile hike down 750 feet below ground, and I had the whole cave virtually to myself. Dark, cool, peaceful and quiet. Beautiful. Other worldly. Natural art pieces composed in total darkness.  Until one day they were unveiled for the world to see.

As I hiked the caverns I imagined what it might be like if this place was filled with water and I were SCUBA diving around in here like a mermaid gazing on all the fish and creatures of the sea in this great underwater cave.

I also imagined this cave being in the ocean somewhere and the aliens live here and are hiding out observing us from under the sea.

I also imagined a huge earth quake rocking the place and I would be impaled by a falling stalactites.

This is such a remote part of the country that I couldn't pass up seeing Roswell, New Mexico on this trip. I'm all down for checking out the aliens. I'm convinced after seeing the Alien Museum that they did crash land in Roswell in 1947 and that the government did a lot to cover up that fact.

One weird thing....I think the aliens abducted my cell phone from just outside Luckenbach to about an hour outside of Roswell. It shut off with no service for about 30 hours. I looked at a Sprint coverage map on the Internet later and it showed I should have received coverage all the way on Highway 10, in Carlsbad and in Roswell. That was weird.

I have a picture of my own that I took just outside Carlsbad of a UFO. What do you think...?

No comments:

Post a Comment